“It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”
I wasn’t planning on making a post about this but I just turned 20 yesterday and I am not sure what to do with myself. I am having one of those moments when I am realizing that I am now an adult and have to do adult things. It is amazing and absolutely terrifying. Instead of a regular post about beauty, fashion or whatever, I think something a bit more sentimental is in order. Here are 20 things I’ve learned about life in 20 years.
- It is alright to stop and smell the flowers
- Draw, write, create as much as possible. You never know when you can’t
- Don’t be like everyone else. You don’t want to be them.
- Take your dreams/job/school seriously. Don’t take yourself seriously
- The world will never stop for one person.
- Buy the goddamned shirt, jeans, shoes, drink, donut etc.
- Try everything
- Work hard
- When you are sad, go to a large body of water. Sit and think and wait
- If you don’t put 100% into everything you do then you really don’t want it enough.
- Don’t rely on people to make you happy, you need to find that yourself.
- Breathe, smile and push through
- You are not invincible; it is alright to let things get to you every once in a while
- Find good people
- Read E V E R Y T H I N G ~
- Take a step back to think
- If someone tells you ‘no,’ find a loophole
- Nothing happens overnight
- Prove yourself wrong. Change, evolve, and contradict. It shows that you are growing
- BE FUCKING ORIGINAL
“In 20 years,You will be more disappointed by what you didn’t do than by what you did.”
“Suddenly you’re 21 and you’re screaming along in the car to all the songs you listened to when you were sad in middle school and everything is different but everything is good.”
“nothing will ruin your 20s more than thinking you should have your life together already.”
*live simply, love lightly, laugh loudly*